Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Light Bulbs

It seems that a common thread throughout my life since mid-summer has been light bulbs. You're probably thinking "Well, he works in multimedia, so maybe he's going to tie in something with that....?" Nope! "How about light and darkness, with righteousness and sin?" Nope!

Instead I've been seeing in my own life, how God often uses a bunch of different things to click in my head and heart, to in a sense, turn on a bunch of little light bulbs in my understanding of things. Which in turn leads to often a large area being illuminated! And I've been noticing this not only in spiritual matters, but also in the areas that God has gifted me in!

In my own life this summer it was the whole idea of inspiration and understanding how it is that I'm inspired (which is another post in itself!). But in the last few days I've been used by God to help illuminate some things in a few others lives. With one individual it was related to an ability that God has given that enabled the individual to be more effective in where God has currently placed them in ministry! For another it was helping them to see a spiritual aspect more clearly which in turn has changed their entire outlook!

God is so good! And I must say that when this occurs, I find great joy in it!

This all comes into focus with these questions:
Is God illuminating things in my(your) life? If not, why not?

Is God using you(me) to aid the illumination process in others lives? If not, why not?

Thanks for reading, and may God get the glory! Comments are always welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment